Football: Barclays league division one-St Michel close gap on La Passe, St Louis Suns draw


St Michel defeat Dynamo

St Michel started brightly as they took the lead in the seventh minute from a sweeping move involving Malagasy Jean Delor Tsaralaza and Wilnes Brutus to set up Gervais Waye-Hive who face to face with goalkeeper Jules Monnaie slotted the ball home for a 1-0 lead.

Dynamo responded in the ninth minute as captain Evans Telemaque flashed a shot across goal to Basil Bertin but he failed to hit the target with St Michel’s defence caught napping.

The match was at times being played in a driving rain which made the pitch slightly heavy but the players persisted.

Action during the match between St Michel and Northern Dynamo

In the 17th minute, Dynamo’s goalie Monnaie played a poor goalkick which was pounced upon by Jean Delor but his attempted lob sailed wide.

St Michel were dominant and in the 20th minute Waye-Hive failed to tuck home a curling pass from captain Don Anacoura who was back in the starting line up.

In the 25th minute, Basil Bertin latched onto captain Telemaque’s through ball to score but the goal was disallowed by assistant Steve Marie who had flagged for a dubious offside.

On the half-hour mark, Brutus missed a sitter after Delor raced on a filtered pass and held off the challenge of Steve Henriette to square to him but he shot in the side netting.

Two minutes later Brutus redeemed himself with a brilliant chipped pass to Delor who was given space to head past goalie Monnaie to make it 2-0.

In the 34th minute, St Michel increased their lead rather controversially as Brutus latched onto a through ball to round Henriette and shoot at goal.  The ball rolled across goal to Waye-Hive who was clearly offside but not signaled by assistant referee Elderick Adelaide, allowing the midfielder to score easily and complete his brace to give his team a 3-0 lead at half time.

Dynamo brought in Ronny Hoareau to bolster their defence in the second half whilst Henriette was pushed into midfield.

St Michel though still had the edge and on the hour mark, Brutus could not direct his header from Waye-Hive’s cross on target as goalie Monnaie came out to challenge him.

Four minutes later St Michel went further ahead from Waye-Hive’s corner which created a mêlée in Dynamo’s penalty area and Allen Larue, starting his first game for months, saw his shot charged down.  Brutus pounced on the loose ball to bury his shot into the roof of the net for a 4-0 lead.

Despite the deficit, Dynamo did not give up and in the 68th minute, Henriette countered to fire at goalie Sopha who saved the shot at the second attempt.

In the 76th minute Dynamo’s Malagasy striker Asman Todisoa missed a gaping goal from Francis Moumou’s inch perfect cross.

A minute later Dynamo was again unlucky as Marcus Maria bore on goal and his shot was heading for goal with goalie Sopha beaten but Nigel Freminot made a last ditch clearance on the goalline.

Dynamo were desperate for a goal as St Michel removed their foot off the accelerator and in the 84th minute Maria centred to Henriette whose downward header hit the foot of the post before being cleared but Dynamo thought the ball had crossed the line as they appealed for a goal but referee Yocette, who had a good game, was not convinced.

St Michel’s victory helped them to move to 23 points the same number of points with Anse Reunion in second place, three behind league leaders La Passe.

La Passe – Côte D’Or
La Passe could only manage a goalless draw on La Digue on Saturday against Côte D’Or.
The 0-0 draw was not a good result as they dropped vital points in a match where they created many chances but could not finish against a Côte D’Or side who are unbeaten in over twelve matches in the last three months.

La Passe captain Achille Henriette had the best chance when referee Gonzague Boniface awarded him a penalty in the second half after he was fouled by Steve Esther.
Henriette though blazed his shot wide as his team shared the points with Côte D’Or.
La Passe have another tough match next weekend when they face bitter rivals and neighbours Anse Reunion on La Digue.

LightStars draw with St Louis Suns
Praslin side LightStars shared a four-goal thriller at the Amitie playing field on Saturday.
St Louis Suns took the lead through Mervin Mathiot only for Malagasy Andria to level matters for LightStars.

Carlos Nourrice restored St Louis Suns’ advantage to give them a 2-1 lead at half time.
Bertrand Lablache though salvaged a point for his team at home as the two teams drew 2-2 for a share of the spoils.

Sezou hat trick inspires Anse Reunion to victory
La Digue based Anse Reunion defeated Quincy 5-2, inspired by a hat trick by Malagasy Hugo Sezou on Friday evening at Stad Linite.

Anse Reunion dominated proceedings in the first half and broke the deadlock in the 27th minute through Hugo Sezou who gave them a 1-0 half time lead.

Sezou added a second only four minutes in the second period to make it 2-0.

The impressive Malagasy Hassan Ali stretched Anse Reunion’s advantage in the 54th minute for a 3-0 score.

Malagasy defender Eddy also got on the scoresheet with a tap in the 56th minute for a 4-0 scoreline.

Anse Reunion though slackened after that and in the 73rd minute, Quincy’s George Ravinia blasted a superb free kick past goalkeeper Ricky Rose to reduce the lead for a 1-4 score.

Quincy were now eager to show their true worth and reduced the arrears in the 74th minute as substitute Aubrey Songoire made it 4-2.

However it was too little too late for the players of coach Elsie Ernesta as Anse Reunion maintained their third spot and Sezou completed his hat trick in the 84th minute to make it 5-2.

Send your comment :

Name *

Email *

Comment *