Football: Barclays league division one-Dynamo defeat St Francis


St Francis’ poor season continued despite having three Malagasy players in their ranks as they lie in eighth position with only eight points.

However on Thursday St Francis started brightly and in the fourth minute Malagasy Hery saw his shot come off the foot of the post of goalkeeper Jules Monnaie’s goal.

St Francis though shot themselves in the foot when Malagasy Malamo Ducaud inadvertently scored by his own goalkeeper Bertrand Morel to give Dynamo a 1-0 lead.

St Francis should have leveled matters in the 15th minute as Malagasy Branli Zizi missed a good chance as he shot wide.

Dynamo though grew in stature as the match elapsed and in the 37th minute Steven Comme failed to convert a decent opportunity.

Five minutes later Dynamo again threatened but goalie Morel pushed Marcus Maria’s shot into corner. Asman Todisoa should have extended his team’s advantage but he shot wide.

St Francis tried to redress the balance in the second half and should have drawn level in the 50th minute from Nicolas Atala’s header but goalie Monnaie saved the danger.

Dynamo had even better chance in the 52nd minute after a mêlée in the St Francis penalty area.  Steve Henriette’s shot but the ball rebounded to Maria who failed to tuck in a great chance and his colleague also missed the target a minute later as St Francis rode their luck.

Dynamo’s Henriette beat St Francis’ offside trap in the 54th minute to meet Daniel Maillet’s crossfield pass but his powerful shot flew wide.

In the 59th minute Dynamo’s Todisoa broke clear on the right but he crossed poorly as two of his teammates awaited to score.

At the other end in the 68th minute, St Francis’ Radley Monthy curled a beautiful free kick which forced goalkeeper Monnaie to tip over the crossbar for a corner.

Dynamo extended their lead after a sweeping move forward and Basil Bertin picked out Todisoa with an inch perfect cross and he drove the ball home to make it 2-0.

As St Francis tried to throw caution to the win to score Dynamo’s substitute Elvis Julius latched onto a long ball over the defence in the 81st minute to race clear but the former Red Star striker fired in the side netting when he should have scored.

As the match drew to a close there was some commotion in the grand stand where both sets of supporters were sitting and sadly there were no security personnel to deal with the matter.
On the pitch though St Francis got a deserved goal in the 88th minute as Ryan Antat thumped home a strong shot to beat goalie Monnaie to make it 1-2.

In the dying minutes as St Francis went in search of another goal, Branli Zizi saw his close range shot blocked.  In the impending mêlée, Antat almost scored an equalizer but his shot was just charged down by a forest of defenders as Dynamo held on to the points.