Basketball - ‘Warm Up’ tournament tips off today | 22 February 2020
Organised by the Premium Cobras and Beau Vallon Heat clubs, the ‘Warm-Up’ Tournament tips off today at the renovated Victoria Gymnasium.
Teams are requested to be on time for their matches and the first game, a division two clash, between MBU Boys and PLS Suns is scheduled for 12 noon.
The general rules of the competition are:
- All teams should wear their uniforms and all should be numbered.
- All mini-league matches will be played in two halves of 15 minutes each of stop clock at dead ball situations.
- Knockout stages for semifinals and finals will be played in two halves of 20 minutes stop clock at dead ball situations.
- Fouls and free throws will be administered per Fédération internationale de Basketball (Fiba) rules.
- Each team will be allowed one timeout of a duration of one minute per half during the mini-league competition, thereafter each team will be allowed a total of three timeouts per match during the knockout stages.
- Prizes will be awarded to the winners and losers of the finals.
All registered first division teams have been divided into two pools of three teams each. Each team will play a mini-league against each other in their respective pools.
The winners of each pool will play the runners-up of the other pool in the semifinal stage for a place in the final.
Registered second division teams have been divided into four pools of 3 three teams each.
Each team will play a mini-league against each other in their respective pools. The winners of each pool will play each other in the semifinal stage for a place in the final – Winners pool B v/s winners pool C and winners pool D v/s winners pool A.
As for the women’s competition, it will be played on a best-of-three format.