Health services relocated amid expansion of isolation facilities | 17 March 2020
As of yesterday, daily operations at the Family Hospital have been relocated to the Seychelles Hospital.
The relocation is necessary to increase capacity for isolation of COVID-19 patients.
To accommodate the move several services will be shifting in location. Patients from different facilities will be moved, as per the following arrangements:
- Patients from Maternity Two (Postnatal Ward) will move to Maternity One (Antenatal Ward)
- Gynae patients on Maternity One will move back to Hermite Ward
- Antenatal (ANC) clinics from Family Hospital will be distributed between Beau Vallon Health Centre, English River Health Centre and other health centres near the patient residents
- Gynae Clinic at the Family Hospital will move to the day unit at the Seychelles Hospital
- ANC High Risk Clinic will move to Maternity One
- The dialysis clinic that was being done at the Haemodialysis Centre will move to the former diabetic clinic, so as to reduce movement of people at the dialysis centre and at the hospital.
The department of health thanks members of the public for their cooperation and understanding, during this time.
Communique from the department of health