Cabinet considers a number of legal and policy memoranda | 22 May 2020
President Danny Faure chaired a scheduled meeting of the cabinet on Wednesday May 20 at which a number of legal and policy memoranda were considered.
Cabinet was briefed on the next phase of the easing of restrictions implemented as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. These measures concern re-opening of the airport as from June 2020.
Cabinet approved employment strategies to address the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on the labour market.
Cabinet was apprised of the trend in welfare applications and spending levels over the last three months with February 2020 as the baseline.
Cabinet was also presented with the quarter 3, 2019 Multidimensional Poverty Index survey results.
Cabinet approved an additional 6 products to be added to the list of essential commodities, specifically for hygiene and sanitary purposes.
The other memoranda that cabinet gave its approval for include:
- the drafting of regulation for the implementation of per second billing by licensed mobile service providers;
- the signing of the Agreement between the Government of the United States of America and the Government of the Republic of Seychelles concerning Counter Illicit Transnational Maritime Activity Operation;
- the ratification of the third Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the communications procedure;
- Seychelles’ initial country report on the implementation of the African Charter on the right and Welfare of the child;
- the National Climate Change Policy;
- the Seychelles National Sports Policy 2020-2024;
- revision to the sale of State land and Land Bank Policy.
Press release from State House