7th Affordable Art Fair to be launched on December 4 at Eden Art Space Gallery | 12 November 2020
The 7th Affordable Art Fair will be launched on December 4, 2020 at the Eden Art Space Gallery, organisers Arterial Network Seychelles (ANS) has announced.
As always, in an effort to keep the quality of work high and yet keep it affordable ANS has reduced the normal commission retained on sales.
For the 2020 Affordable Art Fair the gallery will only retain 25% of the retail price of the sales.
The maximum sale price of artworks is capped at R8000 to keep the artwork affordable and artists are encouraged to produce smaller affordable pieces for rapid sales.
Conditions of participation:
· No size limitations on the artwork;
· No limitations on the number of artwork each artist can bring;
· The maximum sale price for an artwork is R8000
· We accept originals and prints;
· We accept paintings, drawings, etchings, sculptures, photography and mixed media.
“We are looking for busy walls with diversified artwork from a wide range of artists who live and work in Seychelles, not only established but also young rising stars. A-Level and SIAD students are encouraged to participate and this is a great opportunity to be ‘Discovered’ for your artistic talent!,” the organisers say.
The call for submission is open to all artists of all ages and mediums – please note work submitted for sale will be accepted upon the approval from the Gallery Curator only.
For those new artists who have not participated in the previous fairs, don’t be discouraged; if you are worried that your work is not good enough or you are feeling insecure to put your work out to the public or even simply need some pricing guidance, please feel free to email us or drop by the gallery to show us your work and we will be happy to help and offer advice.
Artists may start to deliver artworks from November 23. The cut-off for submission of artwork is November 30 at 4pm.
Rules and regulations
· All artwork must be in good condition; clean, free of cobwebs and no Gecko poop or bugs!
· MUST HAVE HOOKS ATTACHED READY FOR HANGING!!
· ANS is not responsible for delivering/returning the artwork
· ANS will retain 25% of the sale price on any artwork sold
· Each artwork maximum selling price shall be no more than R8000
NB: Unfortunately due to Covid restrictions there will be no vernissage on the opening night but all are encouraged to invite friends and family to visit the gallery during opening hours MON-FRI 10am to 5pm and SAT 11am to 2pm.
Any Questions? Email Michelle on firstname.lastname@example.org