Update on COVID-19 cases |31 December 2020
THURSDAY 31ST DECEMBER 2020
Update on COVID-19 cases
15 new cases of COVID-19 was recorded by health authorities bringing the total number of cases for the year to 275 as of 4 pm on Thursday 31st December 2020.
All visitors who have tested positive are under isolation. All Seychellois who have tested positive are also under isolation at Isolation and Treatment Facility.
The patient in ICU remains in critical conduction and is being supported by a ventilator. His condition has not deteriorated since the last update.
Contact-tracing and testing efforts continue. The Ministry of Health anticipates that more cases will be detected and reminds members of the public to respect and practice the different measures in place to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Avoid gatherings and crowds
- Limit your celebrations to your immediate household
- Practise physical distancing of more than 1 metre
- Avoid physical contact and sharing objects
- Wear a mask in public places and where physical distancing cannot be maintained
- Practise hand hygiene regularly
The Ministry of Health invites you to share this press release