Covid-19 relief fund Seychelles receives more donations from honorary consuls |22 February 2021
Seychelles continues to benefit from contributions from its honorary consuls abroad.
The honorary consuls have collectively contributed almost R4 million since the launch of the Covid-19 relief fund by President Wavel Ramkalawan on January 10, 2021.
Seven additional honorary consuls have joined their colleagues in donating to the fund. They are:
• Karl Heinz Pisec, honorary consul – Austria;
• Anne Lise Church, honorary consul general – Seattle (US);
• Elizabeth Willis, honorary consul - Arizona (US);
• Damien van der Schueren, honorary consul – Nicaragua;
• Joseph Jean Marie Welter, honorary consul - Luxemburg;
• Wieslaw Judycki, honorary consul - Poland; and
• Raja Gopal Reddy, honorary consul - Bangalore (India).
The Minister for Foreign Affairs and Tourism, Sylvestre Radegonde, has praised the seven honorary consuls for their support and solidarity with the people of Seychelles.
Press release from the department of Foreign Affairs